Everyone in their 30s know that life is
very completely different than when you’re in your 20s. And nobody knows better than 30-something pup parents.
Here are 15 things that drive that fact home:
1. All of your friends are posting pictures of their babies. Meanwhile, your Instagram feed looks like this:
2. You used to wake up to vomit on the floor from your roommate. You still do, but now your roommate is a dog.
3. Dates have to pass the dog test.
4. You have the kinds of kitschy signs around your house that would have made you roll your eyes when you were 20.
5. You used to eat ramen noodles because you were a broke college student. Now you eat ramen because all of your money goes to gourmet dog food.
6. Lunch break? Oh, you mean just enough time to run home and let the dog out?
7. You still have to get up at 6 a.m., even on the weekends, because you don’t dare disrupt the dog’s eating schedule.
8. You never have to worry about peeing alone again.
9. There are more dog birthday parties on your calendar than human birthday parties.
10. Your dog wears fancier clothing than you do.
11. Saturday nights are no longer for drinking, but for staying in to hang out with your dog.
12. You never imagined that a topic of conversation with your friends would be the color and consistency of dog poop.
13. Not a chance of a spontaneous weekend away. You have to check with the dog sitter first.
14. You used to run to stay in shape. Now you run because your dog goes crazy if he doesn’t get exercise.
15. You wouldn’t share your drink with a friend, but your dog can eat off of your fork.