They’ve worked hard. They’ve studied. They’ve been preparing for this very moment for what seems like dog years and the time has finally come: graduation day. As “Pup and Circumstance” plays in the background, these pedigrees will be gettin’ degrees and we couldn’t be prouder.
1. When graduation day finally arrives, it may feel like you have absolutely NO idea what you’re doing.
2. But trust us when we say it’s all about keeping your chin up and maintaining perspective.
3. Sure, graduation day may feel a tad overwhelming at times.
4. So, pay close attention, graduate… we’ve got some words of wisdom that will help get you through today… and probably the rest of your life.
5. Confidence is half the battle. Dress sharp and look smart. You may feel silly, but trust us, you look pawesome.
6. Speaking of dressing sharp, why stick to the traditional black gown? It’s your special day and you deserve to stand out!
7. Visualize success. See it and achieve it. Just think about the feeling of the diploma on your paws, the sheer satisfaction of knowing that you’re not just good at “sit” and “stay,” you’re a certified expert.
8. And if that doesn’t work, just fake it until you make it. As they say, the bolder your stare, the less you’ll care!
9. If you’re still feeling nervous, perhaps try practicing your pawshake before the ceremony.
10. Or maybe try sticking by a good friend. Your best bud has been by your side throughout college, why should graduation day be any different?
11. Even your hooman understands what you’re going through. Let’s be real, after the almost-adopted-a-cat incident of ’08, do you really think there’s anything you two can’t face together?
12. So, don’t play it cool, tough guy. This kind of day happens once, maybe twice in a lifetime, and it’s okay to be excited.
13. That’s more like it! This is your day and you deserve all the happiness in the world. Just don’t go too crazy, because…
14. It’s time to start your career! There’ll be times you have to work like a dog, and no one trusts a pup that falls asleep on the job.
15. So welcome to doghood, pupper! It won’t always be easy, but it’ll always be rewarding.
Featured image via @alanar516